The focus of Person Centred Counselling is not on the problems but on the solutions. I offer a confidential facilitative therapy to establish a relationship with my clients where they may face their anxieties and confusion.
I believe that given the right conditions i.e. an empathic, non-judgemental open and honest environment then clients are able to take more control and responsibility for their behaviour and move forward in a positive way.
In this climate clients can begin to get in touch with their own wisdom and capacity for self understanding. By doing this then they can hope to move beyond their experiences and have the freedom to be true to their own feelings and values.
My sessions take place in a private and calming environment which is conducive to the counselling process. I also offer couple counselling.
I am a mother of two sons and love to be with family and friends. I love yoga and the great outdoors.
- Core conditions and skills
- Structuring skills
- Core theoretical model
- Use of self
- Conceptualisation of client’s concerns
- Awareness and use of best resources for clients
- Competence and flexibility
- Which clients am I most successful with
- What can I do to improve effectiveness
- How do I monitor and evaluate my work
Training & Qualifications
- Accredited Interpersonal Psychotherapist
- ABC Diploma in Counselling
- ABC Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
As well as my private practice I have worked in different counselling settings and a lot of my work was done at the Lilac Centre which is the Cancer Unit at St. Helens Hospital. I have also had experience as a school counsellor, at a women’s refuge and at an alcohol addictions charity.
I have also worked with families and friends of clients as the impact of these issues can affect anybody close. I am at present working as a volunteer counsellor with a BACP accredited counselling service for people with mental health issues.
Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists